My goal and wish is to introduce everyone, who’s interested of course, to their perfect Coffee drink. As usual, all introduction begins with questions.
The other day, a regular customer comes to the till to order her usual Double Espresso to go. I could tell she was tired just by looking at her. She is not one of those customers who ignore the Barista, or who just want their drink and that’s it. There’s always something we’ll discuss, even if its other customers in the queue (those who deserved it).
‘I swear, I don’t know what I would do without it (talking about the Espresso), and when I think that 10 years ago I didn’t even drink Coffee’ – she said this particular morning.
That intrigued me. To my bones. It was all I could think about that day. Finally, I realized that therein lies the solution. Listening to your stories on how were you introduced to Coffee in the first place. Boy, was I delighted when she agreed to give me an interview.
We met the next day and I asked her everything what I needed to know.
- Me: So, tell me, when was the first time you tried Coffee?
- Maggie: It was almost 11 years ago now, so when I was 34. My husband and I went to Spain and I accidentally ordered a Coffee cocktail, Paradise Found. I thought it was something like Cosmopolitan or similar cocktails. As soon as I tasted it I loved it.
- Me: But you weren’t aware you were drinking Coffee?
- Maggie: No, not until I drank it and asked the waiter what was in it. I’ll tell you, if he had told me that it was Coffee induced, I wouldn’t have tried it.
- Me: Well, I’m happy you tried it. How come you drink the most basic drink there is related to Coffee?
- Maggie: I just love Coffee. No sugar necessary, the way you serve it to me, I’ll drink it.
- Me: Were you ever intrigued by the drinks our Coffee shop is famous for, or maybe a new drink we are promoting.
- Maggie: They all look beautiful I guess, but they don’t attract me. Your Coffee shop is the only one I come to. I can’t explain it exactly, but I love this Coffee.
- Me: How come you never drank Coffee before?
- Maggie: I don’t know. Probably because the Coffee on its own doesn’t really look appealing. I’ve never experienced Coffee aroma fully, because my mother always prepared instant Coffee, and to me it was watery. So, I concluded all Coffee drinks were the same. Boy was I wrong.
We talked about Coffee for a while longer, mostly how it tasted differently in other Coffee shops and she went on her way.
So, you see, you don’t have to be a Coffee enthusiast to learn how to love it.
If you’d like to participate in an interview and share your Coffee loving story, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
You can always reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org